Re: Opinions about Laptop and Debian - Nvidia vs Radeon

I had an ATI card in my work desktop on my prior job. I left that job
last week, so I can't access the model information.

When I first got the box (a c2d HP, as I recall), I was able to run
the fglrx driver and get full 3D. I prefer to run kde 4.x under
Compiz, which I was able to do on this box. About fglrx 10-2, this
functionality broke, and it was such that I was unable to roll back to
the older driver.

I generally stick with nVidia...and I use the evil binary drivers.

--b