Re: error message from openvpn.

peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> An OpenVPN tunnel is failing and this message is in /var/log/syslog.
> Nov 27 16:17:07 joule ovpn-myvpn[1827]: read UDPv4 [ECONNREFUSED]:
> Connection refused (code=111)
>
> Google finds references to some of the words but nothing explains
> the meaning of ECONNREFUSED or of (code=111).
>
> Any clues?  Thanks,                 ... Peter E.

For documentation on ECONNREFUSED see the connect(2) man page.

  $ man 2 connect
         ECONNREFUSED
              No-one listening on the remote address.

If no one is listening then the packet is rejected.  I would look to
see that the ports match up on both sides of the OpenVPN connection.
I would look that it is allowed through the firewall.  The default
OpenVPN port is 1194.  You would want to make sure that the same port
is configured on both sides and that it is allowed through any
firewall between and on each machine.

Bob