Re: question regarding SSL

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:07:16 +0100, Arthur Bela wrote:

> On 25 November 2010 12:01, Camaleón wrote:

>>> I mean, it can only see, that i'm visiting THISSITE.COM, or it can see
>>> THISSITE.COM/SOMELINK.html ?
>>
>> Well, I think yes, the URI could be displayed/retrieved. It is
>> registered in plain text in web server logs.

> I meant someone is sniffing the "connection" between my pc, and the
> server, not the server admin. :O

Mmmm, by logic (but I can be wrong, though), if Apache stores the
information in plain text there are many chances it can be also fetched
by man-in-the-middle attacks.

> So if someone is sniffing the connection it can only see that, i'm
> visiting https://THISSITE.COM, and it can't see, that I visit
> https://THISSITE.COM/SOMELINK.html

Look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Secure#Limitations

"(...) and in some cases the URI of the encrypted resource can be
inferred by knowing only the intercepted request/response size..."

Greetings,

--
Camaleón