Re: monitor IBM serveraid

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:44:19 +0100, mourik jan c heupink wrote:

> Is there an easy way on debian to monitor IBM ServeRAID hardware for
> failed disks? Specifically: the xSeries 3650, ServeRAID 8k RAID10.
>
> Configuring software raid to send an notification email is easy enough,
> but that's not why we bought the nice IBM hardware raid...

If this information is true:

http://serverfault.com/questions/58480/serveraid-8-k-linux-kernel-support-preferred-distribution

And your raid controller is using "aacraid" module, I think you are stuck :-
(

http://wiki.debian.org/LinuxRaidForAdmins

(side note, I'm also using "aacraid" module and no monitoring possible
for my raid1 and raid5 inside OS, just BIOS, at least while using aacraid
module which included in kernel).

I would contact IBM and tell them about your options. They provide
drivers for RedHat and SLES linux distributions, so they can give you
updated and accurate advice on this.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón