Re: Unable to download tar.gz file with iceweasel

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:42:00 -0800, Gary Roach wrote:

> Iceweasel 3.5.15 has been running on a Debian Squeeze system for ever,
> with no problems. I have been trying to download FreeFileSync_xxx_tar.gz
> for Ubuntu from Sourceforge.net. Each time I try the download window
> opens normally and the load indicators work normally. When the loading
> finishes the system just sits there. The file isn't copied to my
> download directory. I have done an updatedb and locate freefile
> (FreeFile, FreeFileSync, freefilesync) several times The file is not on
> the system. Any other file type seems to work OK. I tried switching to
> "Always Ask Me Where To Save File'. Nothing happens with tar.gz. Other
> file types work fine. If I click on the Download Window and pick open a
> screen pops asking me to pick a program with which to open the file.
>
> Any ideas what is going on here. I tried reinstalling iceweasel to no
> avail.

Can you open/locate the file using the download manager?

You can also give a chance to these tips:

Unable to download or save files
http://support.mozilla.com/es/kb/Unable%20to%20download%20or%20save%20files?bl=n

If none works, try to start Iceweasel with an empty profile (move/rename
your current user "~/.mozilla" folder to "~/.mozilla_old" and launch the
browser).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón