"need a quick hashing method"
- To: Debian User Mailing list <email@example.com>
- Subject: "need a quick hashing method"
- From: Arthur Bela <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:17:43 +0100
- Message-id: <AANLkTinzUyqRsDJPyDg+gVL_SvS1ubz795FUD7k=JgYT@mail.gmail.com>
I copy files between HDD#1 and HDD#2.
When i finish, i need a quick "hasing method" - i just want to check,
that the copy was 100% ok.
md5sum, sha256sum is slow -> are there any "very fast" hash algoritms?
- just for checking if the copied file is corrupt or not [i just need
to know, if there were even 1 Byte error when copying]
i can write the script, that checks the files, i just need a hash
algoritm [""software/command""], that is fast enough.