Re: How to install dpkg package in Cygwin OS on i686 computer

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:51:10 +0800, guojiang wu wrote:

> When I installed dpkg-1.14.29 in Cygwin system on an i686 computer, the
> following information was
> displayed:
> "checking dpkg cpu type... i386
> configure: WARNING: I686 not found in cputable checking dpkg operating
> system type...  cygwin configure: WARNING: cygwin not found in ostable"
>  My installation is not successful.Could dpkg package be install in
>  cygwin?

Hmmm, maybe you get more responses in Cygwin mailing list :-?

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/

It seems your win environment (cygwin) and your arch (I686) are not being
recognized by the package itself and quits. There are some tricks to
bypass this checking in a pure Debian installation but I'm not sure how
this will work under cygwin.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón