Re: what to use besides selinux?

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 11:27:09 +0100, Arthur Bela wrote:

> apt-get install selinux
>
> Ok. Reboot. So I'm better protected now, or i have to set a few things?

Congrats. Now your "odessy" starts by here :-P

http://wiki.debian.org/SELinux

> I read that selinux is good for post-exploitation situations. What do i
> have to google to search for solutions protecting me
> "before-exploitations"?

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/

But you should be more specific. What services are you running? are all
that services providing remote functionalities? Have you setup a
firewall, IPS, IDS...? What are your requirements (server, home,
workstation usage)?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón