Re: Howto: Samsung ML-1915 with Debian Lenny

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:53:17 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>
>> Easy way to make Samsung ML-1915 printer work with Debian Lenny without
>> installing *any* package at all:
>>
>> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57364
>
> A similiar workaround was available here:
>
> GUIDE: How to make your Samsung ML-1915 work

Yes, but:

1) it doesn't work for me: the ppd file alone is not enough; you also have to
   copy the file `rastertosamsungspl' to /usr/lib/cups/filter;

2) it suggests to blacklist usblp, which is not necessary on my system and
   besides creates some problem (see thread `Problems with
   /etc/modprobe.conf').

Bye
Rodolfo