Re: How to check which package are from multimedia.org?

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:34:49 +0000 (UTC)
Artur Frydel <artur.frydel@gmail.com> wrote:

> root@glowny:# aptitude search ~S~i\(~mmarillat\!~Odebian\)
> i   lame-extras
> - LAME Ain't an MP3 Encoder

No idea what this is - I don't have such a package available on my
system, although I do have dmo in my sources.list, and I do have a
working lame installation.

> i   libx264-59
> - x264 video coding library

IIUC, this contains codecs and stuff for h264 video.  There are
multiple versions of the package - my system has libx264-104
installed.  Do you have any other version of it?  Just see if anything
depends on it, and if not, remove it, or mark it automatically
installed.

> i   w32codecs
> - win32 binary codecs

As per other messages in this thread, it's apparently quite rare to
encounter video requiring the codecs contained in this package.  I'd
remove it, but remember that you've done so, in case you even find a
video that's missing a codec.

Celejar