Re: Java Run Time Detection

On 14/11/10 11:43, Angus Hedger wrote:
On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:13:15 +0000
Alan Chandler<alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk>  wrote:

It seems strange to ask this now, at the end of the season, but my
wife has suddenly needs use of my windows machine which I previously
used for this purpose.

This url points to the live timing of Formula 1 races

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html

It uses a Java plugin to provide the timing screen.

When I go there with Linux/Iceweasel it tells me it needs to install
the java plugin - but then fails to install it.   I am not sure what
the issue is - java is installed on my machine.  Is there a separate
plugin to link to that command line runtime?

Is this a problem with the site, with Iceweasel or what?

Hey,

Do you have sun-java6-plugin installed?

Works for me with chrome + squeeze sun java + sun java plugin.

I was missing this plugin - I didn't realise it was an extra needed.

Works now in IceWeasel - thanks

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk