Java Run Time Detection

It seems strange to ask this now, at the end of the season, but my wife has suddenly needs use of my windows machine which I previously used for this purpose.

This url points to the live timing of Formula 1 races

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html

It uses a Java plugin to provide the timing screen.

When I go there with Linux/Iceweasel it tells me it needs to install the java plugin - but then fails to install it. I am not sure what the issue is - java is installed on my machine. Is there a separate plugin to link to that command line runtime?

Is this a problem with the site, with Iceweasel or what?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk