Re: Intel Wifi Link 5100 -> halt system on Squeeze

Hi

Definitively the culprit is the new driver. I tried the testing and the unstable driver but they just do not work properly. They will freeze my laptop as soon as I try to connect to a wireless network. My fix is just a band-aid and it can't be considered a good fix, but it works.

In order to know if the driver is the problem, I compiled the 2.6.35.7 kernel version a few time ago and works perfectly (I'm using it now), so I think that the problem isn't the driver. Before that, I compiled others version and also works.
Another interesting thing is with the same hardware on Ubuntu also works, so, I wonder if the problem is on the way that the kernel was compile for amd64 or something else.

On the other hand, when I used the 2.6.32-27 (current kernel for Squeeze) the system is halt most of the time.

So... ¿Someone is using the current kernel and drivers from Squeeze repository on a amd64 and have it working well?