map '-' to '_' and '_' to '-'

While working on my Debian box (which btw is a mix of Lenny and Squeeze), I
find that I type the underscore character ('_') more often than the dash
character ('-'). It could be file names, variable names while writing code
etc.,

Typing '_' involves holding the shift key while typing '-' does not involve
any. I am wondering if there is a way at the OS (or shell) level solution to
remap '-', '_' one to another so that typing '_' does not involve holding
shift key but typing '-' does.

Any ideas/comments/suggestions/pointers etc.,?

thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi