Re: Wayland & Unity -- any repercussions on Debian?

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 09:13:04PM +0100, Jochen Schulz wrote:

> But I tend to agree with what another poster said: Ubuntu may be the
> right place to try things like this. Debian isn't, but it still may
> profit from the experience. Without being a Ubuntu fanboy, I hope this
> experiment won't damage their reputation.

There've been times in the past when Debian was the playground to
introduce new cool technology. It's strange that nowdays people expect
Debian to stay away from it. It even reverts the upstream/downstream
relationship with Ubuntu. I'm not sure if I'd call that an improvement
but it somehow demonstrates a lack of manpower in Debian because otherwise
someone would've already packaged wayland for Debian.

As long as you've a choice I don't even see a problem with offering two
solutions for one problem.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.