Re: Strange pdf behaviour

On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 18:59:48 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 17:36, rudu <rudu@cegetel.net> wrote:
>> Thank you very much to you all.
>> Suspecting the file itself, I re-composed it using pdftops -> Gimp ->
>> pdftk. The resulting file opens fine now, including with WinXP/Adobe
>> Reader (v.9.3.4) :
>> http://www.ubapar.org/IMG/pdf/plketUBApays.pdf ... to the cost of a
>> sligth quality loss thought.
>>

> No, this is a huge quality loss! Try opening in a PDF reader that does
> not anti-alias, such as Okular. It looks terrible.

It looks better than just a bunch of black ;-)

Now the source of the problem has been detected, it's just a matter of
tweaking the right values to get a higher quality output (Ghostscript has
many options for controlling this and GNOME/KDE virtual PDF printer does
also a nice job on this regard).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón