Re: 2 thunderbird questions

On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 06:02:35 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> there are 2 problems I have with thunderbird.. 1. when reading new
> emails in a folder, this is a local IMAP folder, and you get to the end
> of single new messages, and the next new message is in a thread that
> isn't open, IT STOPS READING. I have to click on another message in the
> folder, THEN hit"n" and it opens the closed thread of new messages..
> Thunderbird 3.1.6 on Lenny

I dunno how that "n" shortcut works, maybe is context based and stops
when it founds unopenned threads... does it happen when you expand all
threads?

> 2. how do you change the VIEW-SORT-BY to threaded- globally? I keep
> finding folders that aren't sorted by threads...

If you mean a "global switch" for telling Thunderbird: "hey, display all
messages in all foldes in _this_ way (threaded)" I've seen nothing for
that (just manually specifying what kind of view you want for each
folder) :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón