Re: How do I keep tripwire db in sync with apt-get updates?

On Tuesday, November 09, 2010 02:35:39 you wrote:
>Sadly, debsums doesn't work for such basic packages as binutils and
>sysklogd.

It does; just not quite in the way you would like.  Many packages are shipped
without debsums.  However, debsums uses a dpkg/apt hook to generate sums for
any package that is missing them that is installed after debsums is working.
These is also a mode to find packages that do not have a record in the debsums
database and generate sums from the running system.

BTW, no need to CC me.  I check list email at the same time/place as my
personal mail.