Re: Strange pdf behaviour

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:37:03 -0500, Doug wrote:

> On 11/8/2010 1:17 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>>> On my squeeze desktop, evince (2.30.3-1) presents two black pages,
>>> while okular (4:4.4.5-2) doesn't ...
>>
>> Evince for lenny (2.22) displays it fine :-?
>>
>>> Does anybody have seen this before ?
>>> Any hint to prevent this from happening ?
>>
>> It could be a bug in the reader, not the first time I've see it... and
>> not the last time, I'm afraid :-)
>>
>> How do you create/generate the PDF files?
>>

> For whatever it's worth, Adobe Reader 9.0 in Windows 7 also shows
> nothing but black.  If Adobe can't read it--I think they invented PDF--
> then there's probably something wrong with the file.

Yes (I can also confirm I see 2 black pages with Acrobat Reader under
Windows XP), and that (→ displaying black or blank pages) could be the
way Acrobat complains about something went wrong in conversion:

***
Pages are black or blank or an error occurs when you open a PDF file
(Create Adobe PDF Online)
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/328/328615.html
***

Information on the originator of the above PDF file:

Creator: pdfsam-console (Ver. 1.1.5e)
Producer: iText 2.0.7 (by lowagie.com)
Format: PDF-1.5

Greetings,