Re: chips i3/i5 support

Dne, 08. 11. 2010 07:30:34 je consul tores napisal(a):
Hello

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 14, which has 1 Intel Core i3 (330) or
maybe 4. I installed Lenny amd64 having a few different problems, but
i would like to install Squeeze on it.

My question is, what should be the most suitable linux kernel for this
laptop? Please tell me what specific information is needed., if it
were the case.

thanks.

Speaking generally, the most recent kernel should be best for recent machines (more hardware support); in this case, the stock squeeze kernel should do. Just try it out and see.

For not quite so new machines, your mileage may vary.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.