Re: UPS on USB not detected

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 19:44:58 +0100, lee wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 06:09:30PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>>

>> > Nut supports it via usbhid-ups. It´ll probably work once the UPS is
>> > detected as USB device, so I figure the first problem that needs to
>> > be solved is that the UPS isn´t detected at all.
>>
>> Nothing in "dmesg"?
>

> root@yun:~# dmesg |grep -i usb
> [ 8095.506188] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid [
> 8095.506195] usbhid: v2.6:USB HID core driver
>
> So I assume that the USB modules are all available and working, unless
> I´m missing one.

"cat /proc/usb/devices" and look for your UPS...

>> Does the unit attach a serial port?
>
> Yes, and it came with the serial cable. But I don´t have a serial port
> on my computer. Even if I had one, nut doesn´t seem to have support for
> the HP T750 via a serial cable but only via USB.

How is that? Did you read it anywhere at Nut's site? :-?

"usbhid-ups" is the driver to be used, not the port. I mean IIRC, you can
define "usbhid-ups" as driver and "/dev/ttyS0" as serial port (or "auto"
for USB").

> If there´s some software supporting this UPS via a serial cable, I can
> check if there´s a connector on the mainboard for a serial port, but
> which software would that be?

Nut should be just fine. More difficult is to find nowadays a serial port
embedded in motherboard, they are becoming "extinct".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón