Re: Locales/sort bug

[cut]

> This is covered by the coreutils FAQ:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/faq/coreutils-faq.html#Sort-does-not-sort-in-normal-order_0021
>
> Sven

Thanks for all the answers.

How could I know that collate is defined correctly? I understand
LC_COLLATE influence on sort operation, but I am not sure if this is
ok.
The simpliest example which causes weird behaviour is:

$ cat test2.csv
,"A
_d
,"M

$ LC_ALL=pl_PL sort test2.csv # and many other LC_COLLATE variants,
other than C/POSIX
,"A
_d
,"M

In order to achieve such behaviour, ',"' should be defined as single
entity in collate definition, equal in ordering to '_'. I don't have
other explanation for that. Unfortunately, I am not good enough to
understand/verify collate definition in /usr/share/i18n :)

Regards,
Robert