lenny & thunderbird filters

I'm running Lenny, updated, and Thunderbird 3.1.6 ( from my local user).
I setup a bunch of my user IMAP setups, from my domain host, and pull in
mail from fetchmailrc.
I setup lots & lots of filters, almost every email gets filtered
somewhere.. SOMETIMES, you see a folder, click "N" for next message, the
folder still has the (1) for new message, but when you hit N, it
proceeds to the next folder. Eventually you hit N and come back to THE
SAME MESSAGE. I even put a "stop filter execution" at the end of the
filters, but it still does it.
anyone seen this, or have any ideas?

--
Paul Cartwright