Re: [Partially solved] Re: OpenOffice and the GTK file dialog box

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 15:28:11 -0500

> On 11/02/2010 08:04 PM, Celejar wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 14:46:01 +0000 (UTC)
> > Camaleón<noelamac@gmail.com>  wrote:

> >> You can try with another variant: using env. variables (i.e.,
> >> OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome) that I guess it should be defined under "/usr/
> >> bin/soffice script".
> >>
> >> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Environment_Variables
> >
> > You're really something else, Camaleón!  Doing 'export
> > OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome' and then running OO causes that check box to
> > finally appear, and leaving it unchecked gives me my good old GTK
> > dialog box!
>
> Must you do that export *every time*, or just once?

I'm pretty sure that the env variable will need to be in whatever
environment you plan to call oo from.  Once it's there, you can call oo
as often as you like.  Liam's suggestion about putting the export
in .profile is probably the way to go.

> I ask because I used to run GNOME but now run XFCE.

Please note that Mechtilde claims to be unable to reproduce my problem.
If you can, please add that to the bug report:

Celejar