Re: initex and virtex

Hello List,

On 01/11/10 05:01, Hartmut Niemann wrote:
Am So Oktober 31 2010 schrieb Jerome BENOIT:
Hello List,

are initex and virtex considered as obsolete ?

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

This is how the tex manpage starts:

NAME
        tex, virtex, initex - text formatting and typesetting

virtex and initex are "personalities" of the tex typesetting core engine.
They used to be symlinks, but I don't know why they aren't on my system.

What is the reason for your question?

Because I tried to run some old code of mine:
this `code' uses initex and was working at the tetex time,
and I realized the initex was no more here (at the texlive time).
I was surprised to see that initex was not here, hence my question.

I have a daily updated Squeeze box.

Since my email, I have updated my old code,
and I have created a link in my /usr/local/bin in case.

Jerome

Hartmut