Re: Recording A/V from embedded Flash player

On 10/22/2010 05:16 PM, DM wrote:
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:42:30AM +0800, Bob wrote:
On 10/22/2010 03:10 AM, Celejar wrote:
On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 18:49:00 +0800
Bob<spam@homeurl.co.uk>   wrote:
On 09/06/2010 03:13 AM, Celejar wrote:
I've come up with 3 potential solution
[cut]
2: I was wondering if I could move the Cache directory to some sort
of write only or version controlled file system, chmoding the file
to 200 or 020 doesn't work.  I remember the old VAX systems I worked
on when the world was young would keep 3 backups of every file (I
think it was admin configurable) so if your file was abc.txt the
backups were abc.txt;1 abc.txt;2&  abc.txt;3, when you delete the
file abc.txt in fact what happened at a file system level was
abc.txt;3 got deleted and the rest moved down one until you purged
the backups.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versioning_file_system#Linux

Have you looked at plugins for this purpose? Flashgot is able to spot
most flash videos (certainly for YouTube, Vimeo and so on). Install the
plugin, then watch your video. You should get a little disk icon in your
status bar, click that and it'll download the flv.

There are many other similar plugins that I've not tried.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, I'll have a go with flashgot, but more excitingly that wiki page says that btrfs is capable or versioning though the linked wiki page for btrfs doesn't mention it, this is one of the things I miss from VAX days.