Re: SNMP and MIBs

Mark Kamichoff <prox@prolixium.com> writes:

>Ever since the snmp package stopped shipping MIBs due to licensing
>problems, I've been unable to get snmpwalk and friends to correctly
>resolve OIDs to names (and vice versa), at all.

>[...]

>I've got the following in my snmp.conf, which I believe adds the
>downloaded and included MIBs to the search path:

>% grep -v ^# /etc/snmp/snmp.conf
>mibs ALL
>mibdirs /var/lib/mibs /usr/share/mibs

I think this may be your problem (two problems actually).

The mibs that are downloaded are installed in subdirectories of
/usr/share/mibs (or /var/lib/mibs). Mine are in
/usr/share/mibs/{iana,ietf}.

Secondly I think that mibdirs needs to be a colon separated list of
directories.

mibdirs /usr/share/mibs/ietf:/usr/share/mibs/iana

That's what I have in my /etc/snmp/snmp.conf and I can resolve the
standard OIDs.