Re: install via own mirror (nfs)

In <[🔎] AANLkTi==YKvCXAxzhHsjeRJA0Lj=-os2+c94GyNw-68t@mail.gmail.com>, Mario
Kleinsasser wrote:
>>> ..install a webserver on your mirror NFS box, then just pick
>>> that mirror "manually."
>>>
>> However, as I wrote before, I don't want to install a webserver
>> in the local network (there is a complex infrastructure and it is
>> out of the question to do this).
>> I just want to know, whether there is a way to do the installation it via
>> NFS (I don't see a reason why it should not be possible). If not I'm going
>> to stick to openSuSE.
>
>i have never seen an option to use NFS for a Debian like installation.

It's not really an option from the installer, AFAIK.  However, it is still
possible.  Use a "file" URI in source.list(.d) and mount the NFS before
preforming apt operations.

From the sources.list(5) manpage:
URI SPECIFICATION
       The currently recognized URI types are cdrom, file, http, ftp, copy,
       ssh, rsh.

       file
           The file scheme allows an arbitrary directory in the file system to
           be considered an archive. This is useful for NFS mounts and local
           mirrors or archives.

The debian installer should only run on a single virtual terminal.  The should
be at least one or two "recovery" consoles allocated that will allow you to do
the NFS mount before proceeding further in the installer.  You can switch
virtual terminals with Ctrl+F{1..6}, unless you are in an X11 session, in
which case you'll need to use Ctrl+Shift+F{1..8}.

The installer may have an option for specifying a "file" URI, but I don't
remember.  You can always edit the sources.list(.d) from a recovery console as
well.