Re: b43, pump, &&

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:08:07 +0200, steef wrote:

> Camaleón schreef:
>> On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:20:00 +0200, steef wrote:
>>
>> (...)
>>

>>> what to do to get the broadcom device going: so that browsing the
>>> internet is possible?
>>>
>> It seems you have successfully accomplished steps¹ 1 to 6, but you
>> still lack 7 (configure your wifi card).
>>
>> ¹http://wiki.debian.org/bcm43xx

> thanks camaleon: this link leads exactly to the webpage i used to get
> the broadcom_chip go-ing. when i try to bring up the b43_card/chip it
> links me to myself:  localhost &&: i hack my own laptop, i guess.

Before start hacking yourself :-), you need first to configure your card
to connect to your Access Point.

http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse

You can use NetworkManager or manually edit the network inferface at "/
etc/network/interfaces" with the right values (I would try NM first).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón