Re: Mail server recommendations

I think that any modern, inexpensive system (dual- or quad-core AMD CPUs running around 3GHz, 4GB RAM) would fit the bill.

OP didnt say how many users would be using it, but it doesn't sound like many considering his existing box. Postfix with things like clamav, spamassiain, webmail, mysql and imap with certificates can easily run on a duel core 2GHz Pentium with 1GB RAM. I have quite a bit of mail running through mine very easily.

This is very out of date, and please don't follow it, especially since this is FC10, but you can take some ideas from here

http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-users-domains-postfix-courier-mysql-squirrelmail-fedora-10