Re: Partitioning a drive with Windows 7 already installed

On 10/26/2010 12:57 AM, Charles Kroeger wrote:
On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 15:20:01 +0200
David Van Mosselbeen<david.van.mosselbeen@telenet.be>  wrote:

3 Windows operating systems
(1 win7 and 2 of Vista which i don't have). Had need to run
update-grub to get this issue fixed. Well, i still have an issue with
showing 3 windows operating systems in the bootloader, but that's
another issue :)

I had a similar issue to this one and solved it by editing the file:

/boot/grub/grub.cfg

The one that begins: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE	in it you will see
all those unwanted lists of things you don't want and don't have.

In PCLINUXOS, there is a menu item More Applications>Configuration>
Redo MBR.  This is also available in the live version, you don't have
to install anything.  You need to know what partitions your various
systems are installed on, and then, from this setup, you can edit out
the repeating or erroneous ones and then do "reset MBR." This is a nice graphical grub, btw, and allows enough time to read it before selecting what you want to boot. I wasn't smart enough to figure
out the other version mentioned above, so I worked around the problem,
successfully.  (I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that the
file I edited is similar to the file Charlie Kroger refers to.)

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M. Greeley