how to improve the quality of DVD created by qdvdauthor

Dear all,

Have you ever used Qdvdauthor to create DVDs?
I use mpeg2 files as source to create a DVD.  The Resolution of the mpeg2 is 720x576 and clear, but the result is blurer although its resolution is 720x576 too.  When I play the DVD, I can see obvious mosaics.   Did I misconfigure anything? I use qdvdauthor 2.0100 and the host is Debian Lenny.  Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Yuwen