Squeeze X broken on Inspiron 8500--how to report bug

I entered a bug that upgrading udev from lenny to unstable breaks X.  (It also
breaks with the squeeze version of udev )
( http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=600551 )

The bug was closed without any changes to the package, or any other package.

While I've found a workaround, I'm concerned that this problem means that
Squeeze and X will not work out of the box for other people using an Inspiron
8500.

What do I do now?

Create another bug?
Re-open the bug?  Is reopening a bug only supposed to be done by
debian-developers?
Do I appeal to a higher authority within Debian?
Am I wrong in thinking that this concern merits a bug report?

Also, what package should the bug (new or reopened) be assigned to?  I chose
udev because it was the udev upgrade that triggered the problem, but maybe
udev isn't the best choice.