Re: window selector

On 10/24/2010 4:50 AM, Liam O'Toole wrote:
On 2010-10-23, Klistvud<quotations@aliceadsl.fr>  wrote:
Dne, 23. 10. 2010 22:54:14 je Doug napisal(a):
Is there any way to put the open programs that appear in the
"Window Selector" box onto the bottom panel (the one with the
"shutdown computer" icon) like in other Linuxes and Windows?
If so, how?

--doug

As far as I know, that's the default in Gnome: the bottom panel
displays a "button" for every application you have open. If you don't
have that, it should be easy to right-click on the bottom panel and add
the appropriate applet. If you want all windows from all workspaces to
be displayed, you just right-click on the panel applet and edit its
properties accordingly.

I think the OP is asking about the 'Window Selector' applet rather than
the 'Window List' applet. The former appears in the top panel by
default.

You can add the applet to the bottom panel too: right click on the
panel, choose 'Add to Panel...' and select the applet you require. You
can then remove the corresponding applet from the top panel if you wish.

I suppose that it was in the top panel before I moved it to the bottom, I don't remember. At any rate, It must not be the default, because Ubuntu provides cached program names in the panel, which I have made
to be on the bottom, if it wasn't already. (Why two panels anyway?)
I'm not looking for any applets, just the names of the files that are
presently "active but hidden'--that is, you snapped on the minus sign
in the window, and it doesn't occupy screen space anymore. A lot of Linuxes and all of Windows do this.
--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M. Greeley