Re: Setting "viewer" application in GNOME (Squeeze)

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 10:20:52 -0500, Mark Allums wrote:

> I can't get Gnome in Squeeze to play mp3s (when clicking on the icon, or
> by default) using VLC:

(...)

> Nothing I can think of will induce GNOME to use VLC as the default media
> player.  It defaults to Totem/Mplayer (and Totem is buggy).
>
> What am I missing?

I guess non-GNOME app are difficult to deal with (Mozilla or VLC, for
example).

You can still try by manually editing mime type database and update it
accordindly.

Modifying MIME types
http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/stable/mimetypes-modifying.html.en

Greetings,