Re: troubleshooting slow disk writes on squeeze.

Siju George wrote:
> Michael Iatrou wrote:
> > When you say that it becomes slow, do you have any comparison figures
> > between normal and "slow" operation?
>
> well,
>
> saving after editing crontab -e with less than 10 lines takes 5-8
> seconds where as it was instantenous earlier.

That sounds more like it is swapping now when before it was not.  Is
there now a process running that is consuming more memory?  What does
'cat /proc/meminfo' say about memory usage?  (Although I have gotten
lazy and rely much upon 'htop' to show me the usage.)  What does
'vmstat' say in the 'si' and 'so' columns?

Bob