Re: troubleshooting slow disk writes on squeeze.

When the date was Tuesday 19 of October 2010, Siju George wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Michael Iatrou <m.iatrou@freemail.gr>
wrote:
> > When the date was Tuesday 19 of October 2010, Siju George wrote:
> > > Recently Saving/Copying files from Windows Clients to the Samba
> > > server has become slow at times.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > What else can I do to trouble shoot this problem?
> >
> > The first step is to verify that this is not a problem of the Windows
> > clients. So, you should perform a few tests with Linux clients for the
> > Samba server.
>
> Yes the same is true for linux clients as well as even for
>
> crontab -e
>
> from the server's commandline itself

When you say that it becomes slow, do you have any comparison figures
between normal and "slow" operation?

Shooting in the dark here:

Do you get any suspicious messages from dmesg? How much free space do you
have on the disk and what filesystem? Is it a new disk (4k native blocks,
misaligned partitions)?

--
 Michael Iatrou