Need More Entropy | $ gpg --gen-key
- To: Debian users <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Need More Entropy | $ gpg --gen-key
- From: Zaki Akhmad <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:32:42 +0700
- Message-id: <AANLkTi=-VUecnPXMZYpA=+n89dqNj4rFHAPW3LBk9vsP@mail.gmail.com>
I need more entropy here while I generate gpg key on my Debian server.
The server is not with X.
Any hint what should I do on my server? I've tried ping flood but it
still not enough.
We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform
some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the
disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number
generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.
Not enough random bytes available. Please do some other work to give
the OS a chance to collect more entropy! (Need 284 more bytes)