ddclient caught sigterm

This seems to be different from the "ddclient caught sigterm" that crops up quite a lot on google.

I just installed ddclient and at some points (haven't figured out when or why) it works.

I have it configured pretty much as its deb package wants it to be, although I added a couple of lines.

On booting, ddclient never succeeds, it always fails with the brief message "caught sigterm; exiting" and no more in syslog.

When I try it from the command line, sometimes it works, but mostly it fails, and even when it works it also gives me the message that it failed. I'll see the succeeded message on the console but in the syslog I'll see the failure message.

This is lenny.

Anyone have the same experience? Or a solution / work-around?

Thanks
Adam

Just in case it helps:

# Configuration file for ddclient generated by debconf
#
# /etc/ddclient.conf
mail=root
mail-failure=root