Re: CPU synthetic benchmark

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 10:52 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I'm searching for some good CPU synthetic test.  I've found a few, but
> > their last update where from ~1996, and don't know if they are the right
> > tools to test modern CPU chips.
>
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Hard to tell without more data: what kinds of test do you want?  What do
> you want to measure and why?
>

>         Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Actually right now I'm just focused on synthetic benchmarks of CPU
(couldn't relove it yet), disk I/O (bonnie++), memory (mbw) and network
(tbench).

What I'm trying to do, is testing different virtualization methods
(qemu, kvm, xen hvm and xen parav).

At some point after that, probably I'll check with real world (tm) apps,
as an apache webserver, or a postgresql database

I'll make some graphs and some presentations about it, but mostly it's
for myself.

Let me know if you need more data about it.

Cheers,

Martin

PS: I'll be a while with this, but once it's done, if someone is
interested in getting the results, just let me know.