Re: CPU synthetic benchmark

On 10/14/2010 01:52 PM, Martin Spinassi wrote:
Hi list!

I'm searching for some good CPU synthetic test. I've found a few, but
their last update where from ~1996, and don't know if they are the right
tools to test modern CPU chips.

The only problem with old code is that it might not compile with modern GCC. In which case you fix it and run the test. You might also have to enlarge the data set so that it doesn't all sit in the dcache.

Otherwise, the Byte Unix Benchmark, Dhrystone, Whetstone & LINPACK are as (in)valid today as they were 30 years ago.

--
Seek truth from facts.