Re: OT: advice on Notebook, smartbook from alwaysinnovating

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am planning to buy a notebook, laptop or tablet for my daughter who is at
> university. So the main use will be internet research, and writing of her
> theses (in litterature, so no big.deal as far as sketches, drawings...). The
> contract from alwaysinnovating, respecting the gpl even on the material just
> please me. But if any of you has try it, can you give some feed back, at least
> on the notebook, as I would get the smartbook which is not produced yet. But
> if their first product was up to what they claim it is, I would like to give
> them a chance for the next baby. Thank you
> Thierry
>

> --

I'm not sure about how well these netbooks perform, but any ways, here
it's an alternative:

http://www.lemote.com/en/products/Notebook/2010/0310/112.html

Advantage is that this things are really meant to run on linux, and
the loongson 2f soc comes with 2 64-bits mips, and they have both
Europe and USA dealers if that's to be considered.

Bad thing is that their batteries are not that good, but in terms of
processing I think these got in better shape than the alwaysinnovating
ones which include a beagleboard...

--
Javier.