Re: libopensync0

Debian TR:

> I am not able to install libopensnyc0 from official repos.

What are you actually trying to do? And which Debian version are you
looking at?

$ apt-cache policy libopensync0
libopensync0:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 0.22-2
  Version table:
     0.22-2 0
        500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/ lenny/main i386 Packages

It isn't contained anymore in squeeze and sid. Probably because no
package depends on it:

$ aptitude search '~Dlibsync0' | wc -l
0

> It isn't
> available for amd64 architecture nor i386. Should I download it from
> Ubuntu or is there a workaround (or smt. like that) to install Barry,
> which is, in fact, in Sid's repo.

If you want to install Barry (something like barry-util, I suppose) from
sid, you'll usuallay have to install the dependencies from sid, too.

Mixing packages from Ubuntu (or any other distribution) with Debian
packages is strongly discouraged (as in: you are totally on your own and
probably nobody will be able or willing to help you).

> Maybe there is a completely different
> method to sync a Blackberry with Evolution in Debian. libsync0 is also
> required to install multisync tools.

No, not on my system. Again: what package are you trying install, how
exactly are you trying to do that and what errors do you get?

J.
--
A passionate argument means more to me than a blockbuster movie.
[Agree]   [Disagree]