Re: Re: List of installed packages without their dependencies

> aptitude search '~i!~M'
> aptitude search '?installed?not(?automatic)'

I guess this lists the one not automatically installed, but that's something
quite different

> With dpkg such a list can be generated with

> for x in $(dpkg --get-selections | cut -f1)
>  do
>    [ -z "$(grep -E "Depends.* $x( |,|$)" /var/lib/dpkg/status)" ] && echo
"$x"
>  done

That works too thanks, seems similar to deborphan -a -n:
from deborphan(1):
       -n, --nice-mode
              Turn  off  nice-mode.  Nice-mode checks if there is a package
              `suggesting' or `recommending' the package.  If one is found,
              the package will be marked as in use, or, when --show-deps is
              used, print out the package suggesting the package as  if  it
              were depending on it.