RE: Partitioning a drive with Windows 7 already installed

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 00:24 +0200, Ogya Chief wrote:

SNIP

> I have Win 7 home premium. I will find out what tools for
> partitioning/backup came with it and decide on my next course of
> action.

Windows comes with a resizer:  right click on "my computer" > manage
>diskmanager.  The next step is fuzzy in my memory:  right click on the
drive> reszie?  Windows will now resize the partition, reboot and run
chck disk if needed first, reboot, re-run chck disk.  This eliminates
the need for manual intervention to ensure your NTFS is in a state that
can safely shrink.  Windows will also not allow you to shrink the
partition smaller then the data will fit on.
--
Damon
damon@damtek.com