Re: Partitioning a drive with Windows 7 already installed

Ogya Chief wrote:
<SNIPPED>
At this stage there is no data to backup. If there is any other thing I can backup, please let me know.

Since most newer computers don't come with a Restore disc, I would suggest burning the Restore partition and any associated "utility" partition to a DVD. Usually it fits on one. That way if your hard drive goes belly up later you can slap a new one in and put the machine back to a factory state if you wish.

I also recommend Clonezilla for taking snapshots of your working system. It's slow on NTFS, but will fly through most Linux friendly filesystems.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/