Re: WiFi: nm-applet, nm-editor, replace NetworkManager

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Wolodja Wentland
<wolodja.wentland@ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 22:48 +0100, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
>> It works perfectly with eduroam and
> Let me elaborate on the eduroam configuration.
>
> For eduroam you choose "PEAP with TKIP/MSCHAPV2
>
>    Identity: user@host.tld
>    Password: YourPassword
>
> You should also obtain the "GTE Cybertrust Global Root certificate" and
> save it to (for example) /etc/wpa_supplicant/cert/gte_cybertrust_root.crt
>
> You might also want to refer to your university's documentation, which
> might provide further details.
>
> Good luck
> --
I only used wicd for a short time, but my understanding was that it
supported anything that wpa_supplicant does. Thing is, you have to
write your own profile/template, which requires an understanding of
how to do it in wpa_supplicant, and then how to modify it as a wicd
template. At that point I gave up and said why learn it twice? The
wicd forums can probably give you a more definitive answer.