Re: --set-selections - help needed to use this

On Wednesday 13 October 2010 03:30:38 s. keeling wrote:
> Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>:
> >  I think I'll give it one more try using your link and any tips
> >  other people have given me by then, and if I still can't do it I'll
> >  just install normally.
>
> No offense meant,

None taken!  Thanks for the reply.

> but wrong attitude.  I've been saying this since
> ca. '97: try again.  The more installs you try, the more you learn
> about the box and the more you know of what you need to know.  You
> learn more about the installer and its capabilities, and what software
> you want/like/dislike.  FFS, it's fun doing it, because you KNOW it's
> eventually going to work, no matter how bleeding edge is your
> hardware.
>
> Or, at least that's been my experience.  Have fun with it man.  Bang
> your head on the wall until it falls over!

This is my usual policy/habit - frequently seen by others as a character
flaw ;-).  But the owner of the box had already asked me to give up trying to
save his old box :-(, and I have to get this new one to him in the near
future or his (not my!) patience will run out.

> Worst case, burn a backup first, then re-install.

:-)

Lisi