Re: WiFi: nm-applet, nm-editor, replace NetworkManager

Robert Holtzman <holtzm@cox.net>:

>  Wicd from the repos. Much more informative than nm.

I can attest to that.  I found wicd difficult to turn off the other
day (until I looked for /etc/default/wicd).  Then again, Win* guy next
door, now running linux, took to nm with no problem, way before I knew
anything about this !@#$.

[I don't use wifi; all I know about it is because *others* need help
with it.  Damn, there's too many damned acronyms in that space].