Re: how to umount a usb flash drive through cli as a normal user

On 11 October 2010 23:52, vishnu vardhan <vishnuvardhan.linux@gmail.com> wrote:
> to mount the usb flash drive :
>
> [a] start mc and search for jet under /dev/disk/by-id folder and note down
> the name, for e.g. sdb1

This is a bit tangential, but do you know about the "pmount-hal"
command? It basically uses HAL to work out a name for the mount point
(eg. /media/My USB Drive instead of /media/usb0), and automatically
works out some other mount flags for you. Keep in mind I use Squeeze,
not Lenny, so if it's not there, that's why.

Cheers,
Jason